Why does America love stainless steel tubing? For a lot of good reasons. Here are the top five benefits of stainless tubing for commercial and industrial projects:
5 Stainless Steel Tubing Benefits
1. There are many different stainless steel alloys. You're guaranteed to find the right mix of metals for your exact application.
Industrial and commercial projects generally require tougher stainless steel alloys. Commonly, 300-series steels are used for highly corrosive, highly trafficked, humid and marine environments. The combination of chromium, nickel, and molybdenum in 316 stainless makes it highly resistant to moisture, salt, and other extremely damaging conditions.
300-series steel is the most common and affordable stainless steel for commercial applications. It's used in restaurants, malls, hospitals, bars, amusement parks, energy production, and more.
2. Stainless steel tubing is hardy, long-lived, and easy to maintain.
Stainless steel is the perfect material for industrial kitchens, commercial transportation, and other high-damage-risk uses. It can take the banging, kicking, grime, and other abuses. Once you need it to shine again, it cleans up easily.
3. Stainless steel tubing can be used for any number of purposes: structural, agricultural, fluid transport, consumer products, industrial machinery, components, and more.
Have we mentioned the sheer amount of applications that tubular steel products can be used for? It's a pretty universal material.
4. Compared to plastic, wood, and other synthetic materials, stainless steel is stronger and more cost-effective for highly trafficked and corrosive environments.
Wood decays, chips, molds, and is vulnerable to pests. Plastic cracks, breaks, and scratches. The costs of repairing or replacing these materials can be used on highly durable, stronger steel products from the beginning.
5. Stainless steel is better for us and our environment.
70% of the steel currently in use in America has been recycled. Even when broken down, steel isn't toxic to humans or wildlife. Plastic is an especially harmful material once it reaches the end of its life - discarding and burning plastic causes a spectrum of health problems for us and our environment.
Deforestation is a major issue in the lumber industry. Its effects include decreased air quality, chronic droughts, and soil that can't support crops.
Using stainless steel for your commercial and industrial projects makes you look progressive, eco-friendly, and may provide tax break opportunities.
Stainless Steel Tubing Benefits You.
- You're guaranteed to find an alloy that suits your needs
- It handles daily abuse without the need for touch-ups
- Stainless steel can be used in almost any application
- It's stronger and more durable than wood or plastic
- It's better for the environment -- and for your company's image
Want to know more about stainless steel tubing for industrial and commercial uses? Check out this article on stainless steel finishing and applications, or contact us directly for more info.